I love this salad because of its exotic flavors.
The tangy taste of ginger complements the sweetness of the carrots. Mix that with the fulsome oiliness of the tahini, smokiness of the golden, maple syrup, as well a zesty flavor of the lemon juice. This gives you the perfectly sweet carrot ginger dressing to nourish your body.
Add that to the colorful mesclun greens and sprouted quinoa, you have your refreshing protein-packed salad bursting with energy.
Raw Asian Quinoa Salad with Carrot Ginger Dressing
- 4 cups of mesclun greens (or any greens of your choice really)
- 1 tablespoon of dried cranberries
- ½ cup of sprouted quinoa
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- Pinch of Black Pepper
Instructions: Mix all ingredients in bowl and set aside.
- 1 cup of chopped organic carrots
- ½ cup of fresh-squeezed carrot juice
- 1 tablespoon of ginger
- 1 tablespoon of organic, extra virgin sesame oil
- ½ tablespoon of fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of shoyu soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of raw tahini
- ½ tablespoon of maple syrup
Instructions: Blend all ingredients in a high-speed blender. Add to mixed salad. Mix well. Enjoy!
P.S. If you don’t like mesclun greens, you can always add some kale, cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, avocado, spinach and steamed broccoli. Try to steam your broccoli in less than one minute so they are still green and crunchy. That way, you leave some enzymes in there. And yes I liked cooked quinoa better for this recipe (sometimes you just get lazy 😉 ). Enjoy!