This bowl is fabulously easy, fabulously quick and everything can be bought at a health food store in your lunch hour.
I love this recipe because it is packed with the most nutritious superfoods you can think of: Acai berry and kale.
The slighty tangy taste of the acai berry is met with the sweetness of the coconut water and the rich creaminess of the frozen bananas. And this smoky and delicate flavour is further enhanced by luscious cacao and brightened with a hint of mint.
And trust me, you can barely taste the kale’s bitterness… as you’re probably lost in the orgasmic sense of the chocolate-y smoothie melting in your mouth (no pun intended 😉 )
Brief Overview of Ingredients
Acai Berry. One of the most nutritious, anti-aging, and powerful foods in the world.
Acai has a combination of antioxidants, amino acids and omega fatty acids, which boosts metabolic function and removes free radicals (a.k.a. this fruit can potentially help you look more physically attractive overall) 😉
Like blueberries, acai contains anthocyanin, which can reduce post-exercise muscle soreness.
With the above being said, I find that acai has a distinct and dark taste which may take a while to get used to.
Top this mixture with frozen bananas, you’ve got an ice-creamy texture smoothie that is deliciously sweet. The potassium from the bananas can also help prevent muscle cramps.
And a bit of the mint extract will brighten this sultry smoothie up.
Power Cacao Mint, Kale, and Acai Berry Smoothie / Bowl
Preparation Time / Serves
5-10 minutes / 2
- 1 pack of unsweetened acai packets (Sambazon)
- 1 cup of kale
- 1.5 cups of coconut water
- 2 frozen bananas
- 3 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 drop of mint extract (Medicine Flower)
- Put all ingredients in blender.
- Blend until smooth. Make sure you blend for over 30 seconds to make sure the smoothie is smooth, unless you want it to be chunky.
- Add ice if not cold enough and blend again.
- If you want to thicken the texture and make an acai breakfast bowl, you can add more bananas and even some dates. Top this texture with granola and fruit of your choice!