To celebrate fall, winter, and the upcoming festive season over Chinese New Year, I’ve designed an exclusive exotic truffle recipe that takes around 10 minutes to make.
This recipe is full of superfood ingredients that’ll boost your athletic performance, promote muscle growth and yes…increase your libido 😉 Hey it never hurts to generate some heat over the winter….
This recipe also includes mandarin orange (tangerine) peel, known as “chen pi”, for its fruity aroma as well as digestive benefits (i.e. it helps you poop.) Mandarin orange are considered “good fortune” over Chinese New Year so I think it’s symbolic to use that ingredient as the year ends.
While you can also use my orgasmic goji truffle recipe, you may want to use this version if you like the taste of tangerine, which gives these raw truffles a citrus and fresh flavor, and a little bit of zing. While goji berries are a superfood, the taste of tangerines is more distinct.
The truffles are also great pre or post-workout snacks that are high in iron (for oxygen transport and energy production) and omega-three fatty acids (elevate mood and improve cardiovascular health).
I love this recipe because it is very easy to make – you only need a blender. You don’t need an oven, a stove or any other apparatus.
Raw Mandarin Cacao Energy Truffle
Around 8-9 truffles
10 minutes (depending on how fast you roll the truffles…)
- 15-20 pitted dates
- 1/2 cup of walnuts (Don’t forget the walnuts! They make the truffle taste buttery and nutty!)
- 1-2 tablespoon of cacao nibs
- 2 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon of maca powder
- 1 tablespoon of fresh mandarin peel cut in pieces
- 2 tablespoon of shredded coconut
- Pinch of Himalayan Salt
- Place walnuts and date into food processor or Vitamix.
- Process ingredients until nuts are broken down and mixture is consistent. Add cacao nibs, cacao powder, maca powder, and mandarin peel. Process again until mixture starts to rise on sides of Vitamix or food processor bowl. The mixture should be doughy and “held together.”
- Add a pinch of Himalayan salt and stir into the mixture.
- Roll the mixture into small balls.
- Roll ball in coconut shreds.
- Serve and enjoy!