There are a few things, after a long day, that I want to do. One of which is indulging in soothing chocolate desserts, just before I go to bed, be it a dark chocolate square, hot chocolate or bites of a chocolate pie.
Chocolate has an earthy, dark and intense flavor, and it elevates our happy hormones – no wonder why we women love it especially when we are in need of comfort, and some love 😉
Instead of feeling guilty about your love of chocolate, why not embrace your “guilt” by making yourself a simple, guilt-free, chocolate dessert that is raw, vegan – dairy and egg-free, and refined sugar free?
I’ve casually whipped up a raw, vegan chocolate banana mousse, made of raw cacao butter, cashews, organic cacao powder, bananas, and coconut sugar which gives the mousse a hint of caramel taste. The banana and cacao butter gives the dark cacao a bit of roundness and a hint of fruity flavor. The Himalayan salt balances the earthy flavour of the cacao and spices up the dessert.
This raw, vegan chocolate banana mousse, can be rustled up in a matter of moments – and trust me you’ll be eating this whole foods, plant-based dessert mousse by spoonful, devouring this delectable whole dessert in one go.
Also, I’ve taken the time to create a video demonstrating how to make this simple, whole foods, plant-based chocolate banana mousse. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of bananas
- 3-4 tablespoon of cacao powder
- 1-2 tablespoon of coconut sugar / maple syrup / coconut nectar (your choice; optional)
- 1 tablespoon of raw cacao butter (ideally melted, but if you have the patience you can blend the cacao butter in the blender which is what I did)
- 1/4 cup of organic coffee (to give the dessert a stronger flavour) or water; if you add liquid sweetener and melted raw cacao butter, you should need less water
- 1 pinch of Himalayan salt
- Place all ingredients into blender.
- Blend for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Leave mixture in fridge to set for 2-3 hours.