Enough of premade vegetable patties full of artificial flavors, sodium, and processed soy! Below is a DIY, hassle-free, all-natural recipe for vegan patties that are healthier than beef and store-bought vegetable patties. This recipe has no artificial sugar or processed ingredients!
Time: 30 minutes / Serves: Approximately 4 patties
- c. 3-4 sweet potatoes
- c. 2-3 tablespoon of cooked quinoa
- c. 2-3 tablespoon of almond flour or ground almond
- c. 1 tablespoon of diced purple onions
- c. 1 tablespoon of green onion
- c. 1 tablespoon of red pepper
- c. 1 tablespoon of corn
- A pinch of white pepper, Himalayan salt and cayenne pepper for seasoning
- Boil sweet potatoes – this should take around 15-20 minutes.
- Peel sweet potatoes.
- Put sweet potatoes and almond flour into blender and blend till smooth. Then add quinoa to mixture and pulse blender to ensure quinoa is evenly mixed into texture.
- Remove mixture from blender. Add onions, red pepper and corn and mix. Add the pinch of white pepper, Himalayan salt and cayenne pepper for seasoning.
- Roll mixture into individual patties.
- Heat stove on medium heat. Put patties onto non-stick pan and fry till slightly golden.
- Ready to serve! You can dip the patties into the raw cashew sauce, which I’ll show you how to make in a later post.
- If you’re lazy, you can skip step 5-7 and just eat the mixture raw. I still like cooked green onions though; they just taste better.