This is not the first of my hot chocolates, but I feel it will be my last.
You can easily blend the raw cacao powder into hemp seed milk, and I love the particular richness and thickness you get from the cacao and hemp seeds. Plus, I add teeccino, so there is an extra chocolate taste.
Of course, coconut sugar and stevia are optional if you want extra sweetness to this heavenly divine treat.
High Protein Superfood Hot Chocolate (Chococino)
- 2 c. teecino brand herbal coffee – Chocolate Organic flavor
- 1/3 c. hemp seeds, hulled and raw
- 1 T. hemp protein powder (optional)
- 3 T. coconut sugar
- 3 T. cacao powder
- pinch of Stevia
1) Pour tea into your favourite blender – Vitamix, Blendtec, etc – and add all other dry ingredients. Blend for about 30 seconds.
2) You can heat this mixture to enjoy hot, or serve chilled over ice.
*if you prefer a more tradional “cappucino” flavour, you can omit the notes of chocolate. Substitute teecino brand Dandelion Caramel Nut flavour for the Chocolate Organic flavour, omit the cacao powder, and do not add the optional hemp protein powder.